Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Want a mead for my wedding...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Scubbastv
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Want a mead for my wedding...

OK, I know this has been asked a million times and I have read most of the threads on here about wedding meads. My question is, with so many recipes out there, what is the best, and easiest one to do? I am getting married in the beginning of May 2011 so I have some time to let it age.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #2
avidhomebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

I made a mead a few years ago with 20# of honey and 5# of blueberries. Not a whole lot of fruit flavor, but the alcohol was about 18% and it crept up on you about 1/2 way through.

I started with the sweet mead yeast from wyeast, with pitching a few pounds of honey every couple of weeks. Once all was in, I let the yeast do its work for as long as it could, then pitched Eu de Vie (wyeast 4347). That fermented out the entire batch after the mead yeast got it over 1/2 way, at least.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Buckshott00
Recipes 

Great idea Scubbastv. I am doing the same thing with my wedding for next year.

My cousin was married this year and as a present gave a bottle of home-brewed bottled and labeled wine to every couple.

The easiest recipes are going to be the simple meads; however, they are not very festive. Look at the recipes and also how many people are going to be at your wedding, you may run out of carboys

Personally, I am going to go with a Peach Melomel (summer wedding) I'm going to add extra honey at the end for extra carbonation, and if time and money allows I am going to force carbonate. I figure it should be a very fruity festive wine.

This is by far the simplest easiest recipe for mead I know of, but it is more for an introduction to mead, I would only recommend it for beginners, if you have any brewing experience than go with a different recipe
http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/b...-wine-mead.htm

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________ When ever I can I drink Canadian or HomeBrew Beers. No offense, but mass made american beers are like making love in a canoe...F***ing close to water.

Thank you Monty Python

Quick Reply