If you have never tried this product to clear you mead, you really need to take a look at it. I used it to clear a batch of Meadowfoam mead that I had thought would never clear on it's own. I let it sit to age and clear for 8 months. This was also the coolest thing to watch work since I started brewing 3 years ago. I boiled a tablespoon of this for a 6 gallon batch, racked it to a new bottle, and then added the mix in hot. It sat for one day without much activity then BAM! On the second day it had noticeably cleared and had little chunks of stuff all in it. The next two days were better, the stuff got into big clumps and started dropping out. Lots of lees are on the bottom now and the stuff is so clear you can read through it. I will rack off of the new lees and then bottle in one more week. I swear by this stuff now after witnessing what it can do.