Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Skyrim and Mead

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
SafariBob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyChurch View Post
I just wish I had a tankard to drink out of instead of a glass mug. I'm working on a recipe for a skyrim mead if anyone wants to join. Most likely with juniper berries since that is one of the first things you hear in the game.
Here is what you need:

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." -Robert A. Heinlein

- .... .- - / .. ... / .- .-.. .-..

Atek Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
TimothyChurch
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nevermind I take back the tankard. I NEED one of those. That is beautiful. I have a feeling if I was drinking mead out of that I would be consumed with a desire to go kill and skin something and wear its pelt around my shoulders with its head as a helmet.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #13
Atek
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyChurch View Post
Nevermind I take back the tankard. I NEED one of those. That is beautiful. I have a feeling if I was drinking mead out of that I would be consumed with a desire to go kill and skin something and wear its pelt around my shoulders with its head as a helmet.
HAHAHA! Me too....

Anyone remember the name of the actual Mead sold at the meadery? I'm only level 6 so forgive me if there's more than one. I'll have to check tonight if I can, being a computer engineer sucks, work way too many hours... Someday I'll open that meadery...

An interesting side note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.1up.com/features/twenty-facts-twenty-games
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
There is a story to go along with the creation of the dovahkiin (the dragon language, fully developed with a font, dictionary, and everything): According to game director Todd Howard, he told lead designer Emil Pagliarulo to come up with the dragon language. Pagliarulo had a small bit of writer's block, and over one weekend, had brewed some mead (an alcoholic beverage created with fermented honey). "Maybe it was the process of brewing mead; maybe it was from drinking all that mead. Whatever the case, I can say that after a mead-filled weekend, Emil came into the office on Monday with the dovahkiin language completely mapped out."

"Gaurd your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and out live the bastards."

Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #14
BrewJay
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've seen Mead in Elder Scrolls games, going back to Morrowind and Arena. Also other fantasy RPGs such as Fable. It's good to see the drink of choice hasn't changed.

I want to brew a good Mead for my friends, we always call for a stein of Mead at the bar atleast once a night and think its hilarious.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”
-Frank Sinatra

Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #15
AsianMead
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Another game you can see mead is "the settlers 6" it's the strategy game.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
BBBF
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewJay View Post
I've seen Mead in Elder Scrolls games, going back to Morrowind and Arena. Also other fantasy RPGs such as Fable. It's good to see the drink of choice hasn't changed.

I want to brew a good Mead for my friends, we always call for a stein of Mead at the bar atleast once a night and think its hilarious.
Yeah, but it's the drink of choice in Skyrim.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #17
msharki
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atek

HAHAHA! Me too....

Anyone remember the name of the actual Mead sold at the meadery? I'm only level 6 so forgive me if there's more than one. I'll have to check tonight if I can, being a computer engineer sucks, work way too many hours... Someday I'll open that meadery...

An interesting side note:
I hear you about that damn overemployment problem. Not only do I have no time to brew, but i also have no time to play Skyrim! It makes me want to guzzle some mead, pick up my epic battle axe and go crazy on the civilized world! Too bad I don't have any dragon shouts that I can use yet......

Old 12-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #18
Bugeaud
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In Skyrim it mentions that the dark elves in their homeland make very strong mead with red meat used in fermentation. Gross..... definitely don't want to try that one out. Oh and there are a quite a few meaderys in the game but most notably Honningbrew Meadery and the notorious Black Briar Meadery, for having connections with the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood, not to mention ridiculous prices! In thieves guild mission Maven Black Briar the head of the Black Briar family recruits you to shut down Honningbrew Meadery.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
Oisterboy
Recipes 

I hopped on the mead bandwagon because of skyrim! Actually, I had always wanted to give it a try, but skyrim was the push that made me remember it (as its EVERYWHERE in the game haha).

If I can perfect my recipe and enjoy the resulting brew, I'll be printing out "Dovahkiins Elixer" labels for the bottles when I do a bulk batch

I could just name it "Skooma"...:lol:

Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #20
PanzerBanana
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My mead consumption goes up whilst playing Skyrim. And thanks to that Stormcloak chap at the beginning plan on making some with Juniper.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS