Originally Posted by SebastianS
Wait... Bumbleberry? Please enlighten me.
It sounds delicious!
Honey was wildflower, and then we made a puree using raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and cherries (it was a little bit flying by the seat of the pants, so unfortunately I don't have specific data to share) and put it directly the primary. Fermentation was explosive for a short period, but not complete, and was super slow, but steady for about two months until it was where we wanted it. Racked it off the fruit goo and yeast and let it sit for another couple of months and then done!
Like many of the mels you might get at the store, it is a little sweeter than some traditional meads, but it's not overpoweringly sweet like many I've tried.
Next time around I may try something just to see if I can dry it out ever so slightly more, but it's perfectly enjoyable as it sits.