Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Rogue 13 Colonies Mead

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
roymullins
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Rogue 13 Colonies Mead

Anyone tried Rogue's 13 Colonies Mead?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
roymullins
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default uhhg

don't bother- I posted this while it was chilling to see if anyone had tried it... it is awful... gushed out of the bottle and made a mess- smelled like medicine and tasted like... hard to describe- the best I can come up with is flat Coors Light without the hops- thin, light and skanky... is it some kind of joke? Rogue makes really good beer- hard to imagine they actually let this be sold... save your money- I dumped it down the sink and I NEVER dump brew...

Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Arpolis
Recipes 

Liked 192 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I looked up the brew and here is a quote on what goes into the mead:

Quote:
Rogue Farms 19 Original Colonies Mead is brewed using give ingredients: Rogue Farms Hopyard Honey, Wild Flower Honey, Jasmine Green Teas Leaves, Champagne Yeast and Free Range Coastal Water.
A Tea infused Metheglin like this can have that skunky odd taste to it when young. My very first was a chamomille mead and it was bloody awful at first. After some proper aging though it did get mutch better. And the metheglin was better served with a higher gravity rather than it being dry.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Quick Reply