Red wine is good for cholesterol.... Pyment, anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadiator

Reaction score
THey say that the alcohol and the grapes in red wine are the cause for red wine being good for your heart. Can the same be said about a pyment?

Hum ? I understood its the anti-oxidants from the grapes, so maybe the 20 gallons of fresh wine grape pyment I've got aging isn't such a daft idea after all......:cross:

I just found out today that koji used to make rice wine has a big effect on cholesterol. Who knew that saki was good for you?

I just found out today that koji used to make rice wine has a big effect on cholesterol. Who knew that saki was good for you?

Are you talking about red yeast rice (Monascus purpureus ) aka beni koji, in regard to the effect it 'can' have? Or aspergillus based koji?

Lol it's alright. I think all of us spend a lot of money lowering our cholesterol ;) we are brewers, after all.

Apparantly hops are also super good for you, But you would need to drink a literal S**t-ton to get the benefits. I've never really cared about the health benefits of drinking. I'm in it for the good times and the good tasty brews :mug:!

Bonus with home brewing: since all of your booze is at home, you get the cholesterol reduction benefits without the nasty DUI side effects.

Now, if we can just figure out a tasty herb that will cure cirrhosis to put in out methyglins....

Back