Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Question about color and SNA.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
jmfitzgerald
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Question about color and SNA.

so i'm 3 days into a Blueberry Melomel, everything coming along great, and smelling excellent already. i'm planning on adding half the blueberry additions in the primary, then the other half after fermentation in the secondary, so as of now, it's got a great reddish/pinkish hue to it already. when i mix in the SNA of DAP & Fermaid K into some must i took out of the primary, it turns it into almost a murkey greenish/brown color??? definitely doesn't look like a blueberry mead at that point once i add it back to the primary and mix it in, i don't "think" it really effects the color over all, but hard to tell. i'm sure it's some chemical reaction that makes sense to someone, but i'm just more concerned or interested if these SNA are going to effect my over all color of this mead in the long run. just kind of weird to me. is this normal or any other experiences with this?

thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
jmfitzgerald
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

so has nobody noticed a weird color change when adding the SNA to a small amount of must? just was curious? but it doesn't seem to be effecting the whole batch. still has a nice red/pinkish hue to it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply