*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > New batch of mead, Bochet it is!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
Arpolis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 199 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Ok I wanted to give everyone an update. It is just shy of 4 months and I couldn't help to crack one 11oz bottle. One of the things I was hoping was that since I used a lot of yea. There would be enough tannins to offset the sweetnes of the drink. I must say when you drink this the first thing is NOT how sweet it is. The taste is unique. A very smooth and slightly herbal with a hint of fruity background. Not really like caramel or burnt marshmallow but just a "creamy" "candyish" taste. It is really hard to describe. The one thing I wish there was less of was the alcohol hot. That was really presant but that was to be expected with a young mead. I am very pleased with this. I hate sweet drinks but this one is very drinkable.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
Arpolis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 199 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 35

OK about a couple months later and thought I would crack open another 11oz bottle. Man does the flavor profile change so much with this. I truly am amazed. Now the first thing you taste is the caramel type flavor from the Bochet. All hint of reall raspberry is gone at this point. But now on the finish it almost tastes like a highly alcoholic beer. very interesting taste. The alcohol hot has not disipated much so a little hard to drink but the flavor keeps you coming.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply