Woah..hold the phone. I'm not even thinking of touching it right now!
I just mentioned it looks like it might be clearing already...so I am thinking about getting prepared for bottling so that I am ready when it's ready.
I didn't say anything about messing with it until then!
I was just wondering why so many recipies talk about having to add things to wines and other brews to prevent spoilage, yet this stuff calls for nothing. I'd like to save a bottle from my first batch for a while, so I am just concerned about long term storage of this stuff. I like to be prepared ahead of time.
I belive my quote was:
I'm thinking I will leave it in at least another month before bottling just to stick to recipie.
It's been about a month now, and according to Joe's recipie, another month or so should do the trick. He says he doesn't wait for fruit to drop, but you can. I'll wait the two months unless the fruit drops before then. If the fruit drops in the next 2-3 weeks, I wanna have things ready just in case. From everything I have read about most brewing, most of it rarely sticks to exact schedule, so basically it's best to be ready ahead of time in case it is early, and have patience in case it's late.
At least that is what I have read..I have precious little experience at this point.