Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Mead on this week's Basic Brewing Podcast.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2727 Times on 1635 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default Mead on this week's Basic Brewing Podcast.

This week's episode was all about mead...and a lot more technical than I ever thought it was...

Great info;

Quote:
May 22, 2008 - Mead Basics
Mike Lozano, home brewer and mead maker from Aurora, Colorado, takes us through the basics of mead making from the ground up.

Streaming MP3;
http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbr05-22-08meadbasics.mp3

Mike Lozano's website...

http://www.mythicmountain.com/

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Sigafoos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, I downloaded this the day after I started my first mead (well, sort of, but that's another post). It definitely made me freak out a bit because I didn't do any of that stuff he's talking about. But, you know, RDWHAHB and all that...

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

Old 05-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2727 Times on 1635 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigafoos View Post
Yeah, I downloaded this the day after I started my first mead (well, sort of, but that's another post). It definitely made me freak out a bit because I didn't do any of that stuff he's talking about. But, you know, RDWHAHB and all that...
Yeah, I did my mead a few months ago from info on here (which was a lot less technical) made by experienced mead makers, so I figure if it worked for them it will work for me...

Lozono's way of doing it is sort of the All Grain Method of mead making in terms of the level of technical stuff he does...

Next time I make a mead I'll re listen to it and try some of the things he does and see...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply