Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Mead for religious purposes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 453 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I'm with the others. They give you the honey and whatnot, you give them the mead. Labor and storage? Just keep a bottle or two for yourself to cover that. Seems fair to me.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
Waboom!!
Recipes 

No offense, but why not just sell it to them... and then never talk about it?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
Rezilynt
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboom!! View Post
No offense, but why not just sell it to them... and then never talk about it?
Because the last thing we need is for some alcohol hating,, litigatious happy ass government official to catch someone doing just that.

If farmers make wine and engineers make beer, what the hell am I doing here?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2710 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezilynt View Post
Because the last thing we need is for some alcohol hating,, litigatious happy ass government official to catch someone doing just that.
Yeah there's a little matter of it being ILLEGAL...

I just can't figure out why I'm the only one who says GIVE IT TO HER....why does everything have to be about profit, or charging for ingredients or charging a teaching fee or something..

She wants a few bottles...it's a friend of the OP...don't you give homebrew to your friends????

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 509 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post

I just can't figure out why I'm the only one who says GIVE IT TO HER....
Depends on how hot (Or not) she is.

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Depends on how hot (Or not) she is.

Actually some of those Pagan/Wiccan Clergy that I have met were quite hot...but most of them were vegetarians and didn't shave either....It's fun for awhile...but i'm allergic to patchoulli and overly thick bushes.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #17
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

Oh lord, patchoulli. I can't smell that stuff without picturing a hippy homless guy who hasn't washed for weeks. I'll blame it on having family in Berkley.

Anyway, yeah, have them get the honey, you make it, then save a few bottles for yourself as fee, sounds good to me.

Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 01-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #18
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 453 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Yeah there's a little matter of it being ILLEGAL...

I just can't figure out why I'm the only one who says GIVE IT TO HER....why does everything have to be about profit, or charging for ingredients or charging a teaching fee or something..

She wants a few bottles...it's a friend of the OP...don't you give homebrew to your friends????

I didn't get that it was just a few bottles. In my mind, I was thinking about a batch of mead fairly regularly. That would be a little much to just gift someone. Yeah, if it's just a bottle or three, then I'd give it without thought.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 01-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #19
Domminigan

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:

You can, but generally speaking people doing things with religious organizations (or specifically non-religious groups, depending on the case) want to give back.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #20
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domminigan View Post
You can, but generally speaking people doing things with religious organizations (or specifically non-religious groups, depending on the case) want to give back.
What?????????????

I'm sorry I have no clue what the heck you are saying.

Religuous organizations take donations all the time..we usually offer a receipt for tax purposes to the gifter ( I know I usually got hand cramps from signing them)...but in this case, to the IRS that would be seen as payment..and therefore that could be illegal, since accepting payment for homebrew is against the law..also the person is a friend of the OP's so what the f is wrong with giving his friend some meade???

And everyone seems to want some exchange for giving the mead..except, what's wrong with doing it outta friendship or the kindness of his heart???

Last edited by Revvy; 01-23-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Quick Reply