Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Looking for kit suggestions..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Wolf666
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for kit suggestions..

So I'm not 100% new to brewing, but calling me 99.99% new would be fairly accurate. While I was in Japan some buddies and I enjoyed brewing various beers, so I got to experience a lot of the cleaning, prep work, mixing, having a failed brew or two, the lovely waiting, and of course enjoying the fruits of the labor. While I was there my buddy went with two kit set ups, the first resulting in bottling beer after beer, the second as a full keg set up with a tap (the second of which I definitely preferred).

Now I know this may need to go to the beginners section, but I know my MAIN thing I want to be brewing is mead. We brewed one batch of it just prior to me heading back to the states and I loved the stuff. Since returning back to the states and now living in VA the choice of mead is well...horrible. So I am looking at picking up a starter kit that I can use predominantly for meads, but if I want to brew a nice dark beer here and there I can still pull it off. Nothing too huge of a set up, brewing mostly for myself. I'd love to meet up with other brewers to toss back a few, but with me working nights + weekends, it makes it rough to run into people with a similar schedule :P

So suggestions from other mead brewers?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
huesmann
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You probably want something like this then: http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brewing-starter-kit.html

Old 10-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
Wolf666
Recipes 

Sounds about what I was looking at. Couldn't bring myself down to buying a Mr Beer set up, and was figuring around 5/6 gallon set up was what I needed.

Quick Reply