The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Kumquats!!! making my first mead with em'

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
Snuffalupagus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauai_Kahuna View Post
Sounds like you have a winner here, I think I need to check out some of the farmers markets if I ever get some free time. Glad it came out well, may I just recommend using some smaller bottles with meads. I do almost half of the batch with standard 12oz bottles, and a few large wine bottles. One 12oz is pretty strong, a whole bottle of a high ABV mead will make for a pretty hard morning by myself.
I also find it easier to "loose" or properly age a six pack of 12oz bottles, my brother seems to track down and distroy the larger bottles after two years or so.
may just do some of that with a 5 gallon batch - though... I don't think I'll be drinking this stuff alone... Ever probably bring em' out for special occasions when I have a dinner party or BBQ - so the 750s would get split between 4 or so people (and you know how quick a 750 goes when 4 people share it...) I'm thinking Next big Ono or Mahi Mahi I catch I'm gonna call some friends grill him with some Thai inspired spices, serve him along side some sticky rice and asparagus and break out one of these suckers...
Drinking: "All Apple" Apfelwein, Mixed Berry Country wine, Blueberry Belgian White ale.

comming to a carboy near you...
Redhook ESB clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
KeithinSB
Recipes 

I'm new here.....
I googled pineapple swipe and found this thread.....
I'm trying to find some sort of recipe.
I am trying a batch that I made just like apple cider but its not really kicking.....
Any one got a good, quick Swipe recipe?

Thanks!
Keith

Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #23
liquiditynerd
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 17

sorry to hit up an old thread but kumquats are in the same genus as loquats and we have plenty in the SE. I planted an orchard so I am looking for feedback. They'll be ripe in about one month. Was planning a wine but this has started my brain gears. How did it turn out?

....just add water.....

Quick Reply