Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > joes quick grape mead started

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #11
George7845
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default "sample" of joes quick mead after 2 weeks

Quote-

Unless you're scoring with a diamond or a front-end-loader, you shouldn't damage your bottles at all.

DmentD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #12
jaeg1
Recipes 

I have followed this recipe with different Welch's juices, but liked the Grape/Black Cherry, and Grape/Blueberry/Pomegranate the best. I have even tried a batch with the Old Orchard Apple/Cranberry juice and it tasted great. I have not tried bottling directly from primary though it should not be an issue as long as you don't mind some sediment at the bottom. The extra two weeks in secondary allow the mead to really clear. It will age very nicely, although I haven't had any last past six months!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
George7845
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default National Mead Quest #1

Im doing secondary, but it would seem the honey added while racking that i mixed well with the six ounces of juice turned to sludge and sank. Being a new brewer im going to try to practice patience and put 1/4-1/2 of my meads and ciders aside for at least six months, probably not beer though.

Ill crack into all my aging reserves at the end of 2011 just in case the world ends 2012, would be a shame not to drink all i brewed lol. Maybe i should start labeling, just in case 2012 really does happen.

That way if anyone does survive maybe they will uncover a bottle of "Joe's quick grape mead" by George under the rubble 50 years down the road. They will be shocked at the complexity! (and a bunch of wine describing words i dont know). Then some guy like Nicholas Cage, or Tom Hanks will go on a quest across the world, near and far, thick and thin, fighting through the competition searching for the "JOE'S QUICK GRAPE MEAD" recipe. In conclusion he will find the recipe, only to see it consists of honey and a mass produced grape juice from concentrate with 120% vitamin C! The answer was always so clear, so simple... But then again, some of the greatest aspects of life are just that, simple.

George

Quote-

Unless you're scoring with a diamond or a front-end-loader, you shouldn't damage your bottles at all.

DmentD

Quick Reply