Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > I've got floties. are they gonna ruin my batch.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Dodecahedron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I've got floties. are they gonna ruin my batch.

My first post and fourth batch

So I have a half gal jug of spicy cyser in secondary, and about 1/2 an inch from the top there is a scattering of specks floating. They were in the primary before I racked, and don't seam to be growing. It is clear otherwise. What's weird is they all stay at exactly the same depth; they float and they don't settle. What are these floties, and should I worry?

It's currently still at ~10% abv and the plan is to backsweeten to taste, bottle and carb, then pasteurize to stop fermentation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
MarshmallowBlue
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Probabaly just honey proteins or wax, or yeast, floating around.. You're probably fine, but in the future you can post a pic of them to get a more concise answer.

Basically if it doesn't look like something out of the pellicle photo thread, it's not infected.

Lifetime goal: 7,777 gallons --- gallons made 48
My Home Brew Blog
My Home-brewing Pinterest < It's a beautiful thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply