Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > I am now a Mead brewer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
Waldo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I am now a Mead brewer

Just ordered a sweet mead kit from Northern Brewers, I have 4 batches of Beer at various stages, and my primary will soon be empty so I am gonna fill it with mead. As long as my beer turns out ok I'll be set for a while in that department, so I figured I have some free time for brewing a mead. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Life is to short and the liver can only handle so much, so why waste it on bad beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Waldo

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewed the mead yesterday and its chugging along nicely. I has just a hint of a krausen but its mostly clear on top, there is a constant stream of bubbles breaking the surface looks a bit like alka-seltzer bubbling away. The smell is fantastic!

Life is to short and the liver can only handle so much, so why waste it on bad beer.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:26 AM   #3
Windaria
Recipes 

Too late I know but still... when you boil it, skim the foam off the top as that tends to contain the waxes and the like that get into unfiltered honey.

Otherwise dang, I envy you. I keep hoping to get a mead started here... <sighs>

Quick Reply