Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Habanero and Serrano Capiscumel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #11
Tusch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Sounds good to me, I haven't decided what I will be growing next year yet. Going with a larger mix of peppers than this year

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
WVMJ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 21

If you havent grown marconis you should get a few, we roast them on a grill to char the skins, put them in a pot to let their own steam finish cooking them. They bleed a lot of juice, we bag them up and put the juice in with them. That juice, with the char, all the sugar and pepper taste is something special put on the Earth for gardeners to enjoy. I keep thinking that a big batch of ripe red roasted peppers wont have that green taste. Their heat level is low some some hotter pepper needs to be added to give it a little heat. I plan on planting a row of them just for making a batch of wine, will have to fight the wife for possesion of the roasted peppers, she likes them in chile better. WVMJ

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply