The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Getting hotter over time?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
nitack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Getting hotter over time?

I have a six month old cyser that has been aging away. I bottled some small single glass bottles as testers. I've opened one each month since November. The first one was not ready, but you could tell there was promise there. The last one was much the same. I just opened another tonight and it is HOT! The others were no where near this hot, they were actually pretty smooth. Has anyone else found a mead get hotter over time? Did I just get an odd bottle? Thoughts would be welcome.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
fatbloke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 163 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 21

It may be that you're still being too precipitous. Perhaps it would have been better to have waited 6 months from the initial bottling. Then rather than testing 1 a month, make your test tastes quarterly. 4 assessments in a year would be plenty especially if the type of brew is new to you and you have no knowledge or expectations of probable taste......

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

Oh, and here's some blog stuff!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply