The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Flying Bee Ranch - Great Honey Source!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
BrewFrick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Flying Bee Ranch - Great Honey Source!

I recently bought some premium honeys from Flying Bee Ranch out of Salem, OR. These guys know how to do it right. They shipped a full gallon to me, 1/2 gallon of two different varieties, for the flat rate of $8.95. It was packed very well and they are wonderful honeys. They have very reasonable prices even for the higher dollar varieties. They sell two gallons of their wildflower honey for $35 and one gallon for $20, you pay only actual shipping charges with these guys, no upcharge. Right now they have 9 different honeys and will have more available at the fall harvest.
I had such a great experience with them that I wanted to share with other meadmakers how to obtain great honey with great service if you are looking for some special honey for some special mead. E-mail them for info, or you can contact them from eBay, they are great people, quick to respond to e-mails, and easy to work with.

Their info:
E-Mail - flyingbeeranch@comcast.com
eBay ID - flyingbeeranch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
dubbel dutch

Recipes 

sounds good... although I'd imagine it differs slightly depending on the honey, is it safe to assume that 1 gallon of honey = approximately 12 lbs?

If so then this isn't a bad deal at all as I ending up spending $20 for 10 lbs of honey on my first batch (if only it were around the corner- I wonder what the local beekeepers prices are like...)

Secondary: 2 Cats Brown Ale
Bottled: Heather Honeyed IPA, Orange Melomel, Blackberry/Peach Wheat, Pumpkin Ale

Last edited by dubbel dutch; 03-28-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
BrewFrick
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep I got two different kinds of their specialty honey and the 1/2 gallon jugs were actually over 6 lbs. each, it was a great deal. They have all kinds of honey when the harvest is over, I will be saving up for a larger order around Sept-Oct to get some blueberry honey and some buckwheat honey too. They still have a great selection right now. E-mail them for a price list, they can send it to you in text format or with pics. These are the beekeepers, not a representative, they collect and bottle it themselves, it's worth your time to check them out. I know I will look here first for my honey needs from now on.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 598 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Here's a link to their eBay items:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflyingbeeranch

That Baby's Breath Honey looks interesting!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:24 AM   #5
BrewFrick
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lemme tell you, the Meadowfoam honey is crazy tasty, you can open the jug and tell it will taste like vanill just from the smell. It is more expensive, but they sold me a gallon for $50 and $8.95 actual flat-rate shipping. They list two pounds on eBay for $9.50, so you can get a bit of a volume discount if you e-mail them and ask for prices on the larger volumes needed for mead making and you won't get gouged on the shipping like other sellers do.

Quick Reply