Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > First brew ever

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
sleepygo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Ok so I took Yooper chick's advice and started with a cider. I was using a balloon for the airlock and today when I went to check on it, the balloon had come off. It couldn't have been more than two hours, is my brew lost? Is there a more sure fire way so this doesn't happen? p.s. - I am rooting for the Colts today!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #12
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygo
Ok so I took Yooper chick's advice and started with a cider. I was using a balloon for the airlock and today when I went to check on it, the balloon had come off. It couldn't have been more than two hours, is my brew lost? Is there a more sure fire way so this doesn't happen? p.s. - I am rooting for the Colts today!
Rooting for the Colts, eh? Well, I was going to help but now... nevermind. Figure it out for your own damn self!!! GO BEARS!!!!

(j/k)

Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #13
davy

Recipes 

anything you can get to cap the hole at the top and have a tube coming out of it to let the CO2 escape will work. if you have a home brew store nearby you can get a rubber stobber with a hole in the top that a tube would fit into. keep in mind cider will get better with time too.

may have missed this but are you not looking to make beer and just wine. you could just get a prehopped malt extract no boil kit and make that could be ready to drink in a couple of weeks. very easy and no mess.

Last edited by davy; 02-05-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Quick Reply