Originally Posted by ArkansasRed
I must have got a bit premature with it. After the second the airlock pop I figured it was done and add a little water to the top. Next time I will just be patient.
I must say i did sip the foam out of the airlock and that is really good. Hopefully the end result is just as awesome.
Thank you for the advice.
JAO is rather weird anyway. It always seems to turn out fine. Yes, generally sweet, but Joes method/technique seems to be quite tolerant of small mistakes.
My first ones were made as per the recipe, except for local equivalents (the yeast - it seems to be a US only brand). Yet I automatically made it to 1 imp gallon, not 1 US gallon (4.55 litres instead of 3.78 litres) and it still turned out good.
As you learn about meads etc, you'll follow that it's some what unconventional, but hey, if it turns out good, and is repeatable, without having to worry about modifying various elements, then fine...... it does what it says on the tin i.e. an easy recipe, suitable for the new mead maker and pretty much guaranteed to come out good