Old 04-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #11
BillyGHusk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Fig mead recipe
2 gal. batch
7.5 lbs honey
1 TBS yeast - Prise de Mousse
Assorted yeast nutrients (as prescribed in the faq sheet)
All of the water used will have been steeped with the figs. Most likely 2 lbs. fresh.
1st racking onto .5lb to 1lb of dried figs.
2nd racking to include a spice – 1 cinnamon stick at this moment, open to ideas.
Planning on using the Bochet technique

Please any thoughts are most welcome.

Tim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #12
KCWortHog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've never made a bochet mead, but it seems like that would definitely get rid of any fig aroma or flavor from the water, and overwhelm anything from primary. I think if you're going to do a fig bochet, maybe make a bochet mead and a separate fig mead, then blend them. That way, you can do maybe 20% bochet and 80% fig mead to control the balance of the flavors.

I'd be curious what others think, though, especially those who have made or tasted a bochet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply