Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Fermenter Safe??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
bluespook
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fermenter Safe??

I just pitched my first mead, and put it in my fermenting bucket. I have a little over 5 gallons of water in what looks like a standard recipe--13.5 pounds orange blossom honey, nutrient, energizer, 2 packs of Lalvin D47 and a lock. This is a 6 gallon bucket and I was wondering if I should worry about blow off. Does mead put out a lot?

As an aside, this was my first time using a fermenting bucket...and the lids on those babies are realllly tough to get off. I closed the darn thing, forgetting to take an OG. After cursing and pulling out the ol' wrecking bar, I finally got it off. Think I'll invent a tool to do this job! It does help to drink brew while brewing.

Blue

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
tooomanycolors
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

blow off should not be an issue at all, I think Ive had one issue with it, but it was a cider not a mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply