crystalized honey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepsn beer

Reaction score
I mail ordered some Orange blossom honey from MoreBeer.com and the bucket was completely crytalized. Will this affect the Mead flavor or is it OK. I heated a little up and tasted it and it seems to taste fine.

it'll be fine as long as you don't go nuts and use a 200,000 BTU Burner to warm it up. Add tap hot water to a bit pot and set your honey container in it...by the time it reaches room temp, all should be well.

All honey crystallizes over time (except tupelo honey). Heating it gently is the best way to re-liquefy it. It won't affect the flavor at all, unless you overheated it.

I'll be brewin it next weekend. It'll be ready next year, just to clarify my post. Bottling a dry mead this weekend, it is unbelievably clear. Tastes fantastic, but is definately alcoholic right now. Needs time to mellow for sure.

Jeepsn beer said:
I'll be brewin it next weekend. It'll be ready next year, just to clarify my post. Bottling a dry mead this weekend, it is unbelievably clear. Tastes fantastic, but is definately alcoholic right now. Needs time to mellow for sure.
This question will surely draw some ...shall we say....critique...But...
Why doesn't' anyone like the alcoholic taste? Granted, I don't want to drink it all the time, but once in a while, I just love a glass of race car fuel!

I like rocket fuel on occasion , usually in the form of Patron, but a nice 16% mead will work too.

BigKahuna said:
I just love a glass of race car fuel!

liquid courage has a place in my heart and in the toilet after i am finished driving the porcelin school bus.

maybe, too much time driving the porcelain bus? I don't mind it once in awhile but there's gotta be some sort of complimenting flavour or none at all for a shot of vodka.
:tank:

BigKahuna said:
This question will surely draw some ...shall we say....critique...But...
Why doesn't' anyone like the alcoholic taste? Granted, I don't want to drink it all the time, but once in a while, I just love a glass of race car fuel!

Back