You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up...
Is this crazy? I read Jack Heller's coconut wine recipe and got to thinking. I can't figure out why he used rice water to make the milk but here it goes:
1. Cook some rice in water for a while and drain off a few cups of the liquid. (why does he do this?)
2. Open a coconut, drain the water into a glass, add some rum and ice and drink it.
3. Split the coconut and bake at 150F for 20-30 minutes to soften it up.
4. Remove coconut "meat" and shred. Add 1 cup of the hot rice water and soak/mix then strain off the milk to a jar.
5. Add another cup of the hot rice water and soak/mix then strain off the milk to a jar.
6. Set jar aside in fridge until secondary.
7. Take 1/2 of the coconut mash and toast it in oven. Add the toasted and raw coconut to the primary.
8. Add honey, water and zest of 3 limes.
9. Ferment for a week or so, rack to secondary and add coconut milk, lime zest and lime juice.
10. Adjust lime with each racking.
Am I nuts? Is the milk to oily to even consider this?
Doctor is there nothing I can take? I said doctor, to relieve this belly ache....