Blackberry JAOM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGibb

Reaction score
I just found a 1-gallon jug of Blackberry JAOM (3.5 lb honey, 12 oz Blackberries, a hand ful of raisins, packet of dry bread yeast, water) that has been sitting in primary for over 2 years (I know, I know... I have no idea what happened to this, but I made it in June 2012 and it's been in my basement ever since).

The airlock is long since bone dry, and it is still on the original fruit. I grabbed a taste, and it has a port-like raisin quality to it. Not horrible.

What should I do with this? Any suggestions?

I just found a 1-gallon jug of Blackberry JAOM (3.5 lb honey, 12 oz Blackberries, a hand ful of raisins, packet of dry bread yeast, water) that has been sitting in primary for over 2 years (I know, I know... I have no idea what happened to this, but I made it in June 2012 and it's been in my basement ever since).

The airlock is long since bone dry, and it is still on the original fruit. I grabbed a taste, and it has a port-like raisin quality to it. Not horrible.

What should I do with this? Any suggestions?
Rack it, stabilise and then bottle it.........:D :ban:

Back