Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Beautiful Kraeusen/Krausen on mead but why?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
Freezeblade
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimortum View Post
I love Jamaica //hibiscus tea and was always wondering how it might taste as a mead or wine. Its a bit tart like cranberries but ohh so yummy, I'd be VERY interested in seeing how yours turns out.
I've got a Cranberry/Hibiscus mead that's coming up on a year old, and so far is just awesome.
Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
epimortum
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeblade View Post
I've got a Cranberry/Hibiscus mead that's coming up on a year old, and so far is just awesome.
So you make the Jamaica like you normally would but instead of sugar use honey? Man I have got to try that when I get some more dosh and can improve my kit.

What are you using for your source of cranberry (the juice) or are you mashing fresh?

How much of the tartness is left, HMMM. I've just had what I believe ot be a GREAT idea. Thank you ohh so very much.

IDEA: I have a family recipe for cranberry relish that would for sure translate well into a wine or mead. When I get more specifics I'll post a prototype recipe.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply