I will be honest; this will be my first Mead. Going for a sweet - semi sweat mead here is what I am thinking as of this point...
Going for a sweet - semi sweat mead
40 lbs of orange blossom honey
water to make 12 gal (roughly 8 gal)
Add nutrient in parts
Primary in 2 carboys for 2 months
Secondary for 3 months
tertiary for 6 months
Bottle and seal 1 month - 50 years
some questions I have are:
1. Should I add honey at each racking to keep the yeast alive?
2. What should I use to seal? Wax or Latex?
3. Should I use real cork or synthetic?
4. What would a good nutrient regiment be?
5. What would be good yeast to use to achieve the desired age, sweetness, and still maintain flavor?