4 new BOMMS just bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRW1

Reaction score
Yo.
Me and my buddy just bottled four meads, 2 of which I think are great, 2 of which could taste better and probably will at least a lil bit with age.
1 JAOBOMM
2 "Name of the Wind" Metheglin

The two that couldve tasted better
3 Show mead
4 Earl Grey mead, heavy on the earl grey

The show mead tasted like I guess a little under baseline for me, baseline being an average dry fermented beverage. It just didnt have the drinkability that I want to create in brews. Probably because I didn't do step feed additions, just added the first step feed and didnt add anymore b/c they fermented at my buddies place. Also didnt degas. Thats probably why they didn't turn out great all in all, hopefully they age well

Jesus, the earl grey mead. Bitter dry fermented beverage. I thought it would go so well, now i want to just age it for a year for ****s and giggles. Could turn out superb then.

Its making me think about future brews and as I've said on some previous threads I want to make a "Miruvor", the LOTR elven beverage bestowing profound vitality, sociability, pleasant, light, yet powerful clarity on the drinker.
Now I'm thinking against just adding a helluvalot of yerba mate to it. It will probably have vanilla bean in it, raspberries, mint, a decent yet not overpowering dose of good ol yerba mate-dried cruz de malta-and i guess ill leave it open ended at that. oh and it might be oaked too with hungarian oak. i'll want to make 3gal of this, but thats just a thought now (i mean i would want to have more than 9 bottles of it)

just some thoughts and a report.
FOLLOW THE RECIPE

Back