Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Where can I find free shipping???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
PassionatePigBrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Where can I find free shipping???

Does anyone know of a website that offers free shipping for homebrew stuff? All the places I've found charge more for shipping than the items themselves! Or any discount codes for free shipping?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have found that www.rebelbrewer.com has the best prices and ships to folks fast, I am local so they don't ship anything to me. Have you looked for a place that is close to you?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
toxick
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Austin Home Brew ships orders over $100 for free. $7.99 otherwise.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
~George F. Will

Old 04-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
BrewKnurd
Formerly discnjh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 238 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Austin Homebrew offers free shipping on orders over $100. Morebeer.com offers free shipping on most orders of 59 dollars. Northern brewer offers flat rate shipping of 7.99. I'm not sure where you've been looking, but there are lots of websites with free or very reasonable shipping costs.

Fake it til you make it.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
PassionatePigBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm very new to this and didn't know about these sites. There are some store local, but the prices are much higher than online (without shipping costs). And I like to save the time by shopping online. Thanks guys for your help!

Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Passionate,
Welcome to the addiction. Look around carefully when tou shop online for equipment. There are super deals to be had very inexpensively. If you are patient and search diligently you can save a lot of your hard erarned coin. I am in the process of building a gas fired all grain set up and really have been frugal and managed to collect all the pieces for around 300.00 including burners, cook and boil kettles and two mash tuns. So it can be cheaper to be a little patient. Several of the brew suppliers already mentioned have some excellent starter kits that will get you going with a good basic set of tools. You will be able to shop a bit and get large kettles off Amazon, Ebay and craigslist. Other items are must buy like Bulkhead fittings and sight glasses, but those are available also pretty cheap from the fitting supplier that advertises here. I cant recall the name off the top of my head right now, but the do a great customer service and shipping job and are very reasonable on the stainless fittings and kits. So be patient and look carefully and you won't ever have buyers remorse.
HTH
Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
CBXBob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Order the MoreBeer catalog, a wealth of information on brewing for those just starting. One of the best catalog's I've seen, prices are competitive, and as mentioned free shipping on qualified orders over $59. I like Northern Brewers, & Home brew Heaven's stuff too. Will check out Austin Homebrew.
MoreBeer.com

Old 04-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
browillard
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewmaster's Warehouse has a great recipe database and beer software built into the site. They have a flat $6.99 shipping rate too.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Guidry
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionatePigBrewery View Post
I'm very new to this and didn't know about these sites. There are some store local, but the prices are much higher than online (without shipping costs). And I like to save the time by shopping online. Thanks guys for your help!
If, by new, you mean just getting started and need a lot of equipment, you best bet is to, like others said, shop around on the various sites and find one or two that offer the best prices on all of the products themselves. Then make an order from preferably one, or possibly two different places for all of what you need. Ordering one piece from one store and another from another store is what will run up your shipping expenses.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
PassionatePigBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for all the responses. I'm just looking for a go-to place for stuff I need. Right now I basically have everything I need, but am always looking for ways to upgrade for less than full price. I'll check out all those sites, get some catalogs, and be patient. Maybe one day I'll promote to full-grainer!

Quick Reply