Totally new to this.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyghost86

Reaction score
I just started brewing, and decided to start with the kits to see if it is something I would be interested in doing and so far so good. I am using Brewer's Best kits that I picked up here locally in Delaware.

My first attempt was a Belgium Stout which actually came out pretty good, nice flavor, good aroma, but the ABV was a little low.
I am currently, as I type this, working on the Brewer's Best Double IPA. Smells pretty awesome right now. I figured I would try the kits until I feel I have a firm grasp of what I am doing, maybe another 2 or 3, before I get adventuresome and try something off the beaten path. Suggestions for a newbie are totally welcome!!!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

BB Kits are very good, a great start. I would recommend some lighter, cleaner beers, you'll detect any brewing flaws more obviously in them.

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby! Im more of a noob than you, just got my kit today and planning to brew on Sunday for the first time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My suggestion to you both is -preparation-
Have every thing absolutely ready
Write down the whole process in advance, rehearse it,
Tick off the details as you go through the day.
We have all missed hop additions, or forgot the Irish moss, or lost the hydrometer or test jar.

If you don't have a hydrometer, and a test jar to fLoat hydrometer in delay your brew day until you do. Do a little homework on this very rewarding hobby before setting out, failures no one wants and they can really kill your enthusiasm.

Back