Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > South Carolina pizzeria looking to add brewery!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
thebrewer27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default South Carolina pizzeria looking to add brewery!

I've owned a pizzeria now for two years. I am going to be moving into a larger building and i would love to add a brewery. I'm seeking a partner or investor or brewer who would like to help me achieve this dream! Email me if your interested or would like to talk about the possibilities. thebrewer27@yahoo.com .

Thanks, for your time and happy drinking:

Mike

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 966 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 28

It would help to know what city/state you're in.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well South Carolina Durrr..(no offense, it is in the title) but a city would be nice. Also how is the pizza? If it isn't doing that great the beer side won't have a chance. What is your style and philosophy?

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

How about a short synopsis of your pizzeria?

What's the atmosphere like?

How's the pizza?

How experienced a brewer are you? Or, are you looking for someone to help you with that end of things?

More info, please!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #5
thebrewer27
Recipes 

Default South Carolina pizzeria

I'm located in Loris, SC about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach. We will be on Highway 701, the main road in town. we are averaging about $2200 a week in a small plaza, not on the main drag, As for my pizza it is by far the best in town, but would you expect me to say otherwise. We have a very small place 1000 sq ft seats about 24. The bldg we a looking at is 5400 sq ft on 4+ acres with 3 out bldg for outside events! There is no other pizzeria in the area that sells beer or wine. We will also be adding live music on Saturdays. I feature over 25 topping for my pizza. I make my own sauce and dough, which i put dme into for a flavor boast! I've been a homebrewer for about 5 years. I enjoy making pale ales, irish red ale, cream ale, mild ale, old ale and currently am working on a porter. If you have anymore question please let me know.
Check out our web page at: www.iwantmikespizza.com.

Thanks ,

mike

Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
runhard
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Too bad your not in Texas near Austin because I have a little capital that I'm looking to invest in just such a business. Good luck on the move, deconstruction, construction and addition of the brewing equipment.

runhard, trainhard, raceEZ
Jeffrey

keg 1-Graham Sander's Tropical Flower Wit
keg 2-Yooper's Fat Sam - I highly recommend it
keg 3-Yooper's Fat Tire
keg 4-XXX Stout
keg 5-empty

Fermenter #1-Graham Sander's Tropical Flower Wit
Fermenter #2-empty

Old 01-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I am trying right now to open a brewpub out of an established restaurant. Hope everything goes good for you. Runhard, I am close enough, lol. I am waiting on my house in Lubbock to sell and then I will have the capital, but talking is going well right now. I just don't know how committed they will be in a year from now, people around where I live now are so indecisive.

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

Best of luck on your venture. Getting a brewery licensed can be a major pain. There's one local that is up & running, selling beer to bars, BUT can't sell its own beer on premises. They are hung up getting the third of the three licenses they need to do so,

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 01-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Oklahoma, amazingly opened it up for brewers. This state is anti-alcohol to the max, but they offer a manufacturers permit that allows you to make above 3.2%ABW/sell it on location/and be your own distributor. The only catch is that you have to sell the beer at the same price. So..... it only makes since to sell it by the pint or keg out of a brewpub and allow other restaurants to buy it if they want, but at a higher than wholesale price. Still kinda sucks I think, but at least they allow it now. Before you had to be a micro to make above 3.2% and you could only sale through a distributor (which in Oklahoma means hot storage). If you were a 3.2% brewer you could only sell on location and no one could take home a growler. I guess the state didn't want to have more paperwork so they combined the license when they decided to allow good beer for sale.

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Old 01-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
FatDuc

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrewer27
I'm located in Loris, SC about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach. We will be on Highway 701, the main road in town. we are averaging about $2200 a week in a small plaza, not on the main drag, As for my pizza it is by far the best in town, but would you expect me to say otherwise. We have a very small place 1000 sq ft seats about 24. The bldg we a looking at is 5400 sq ft on 4+ acres with 3 out bldg for outside events! There is no other pizzeria in the area that sells beer or wine. We will also be adding live music on Saturdays. I feature over 25 topping for my pizza. I make my own sauce and dough, which i put dme into for a flavor boast! I've been a homebrewer for about 5 years. I enjoy making pale ales, irish red ale, cream ale, mild ale, old ale and currently am working on a porter. If you have anymore question please let me know.
Check out our web page at: www.iwantmikespizza.com.

Thanks ,

mike
Sweet! This sounds like just the place I might want to take a ride to on the motorcycle! Google maps puts Loris only an hour away from me.
Quote:
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. Aldous Huxley
Fat Duc Brewing
Special Character cheatsheets

Quick Reply