Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Passow stops in to say hello!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
imaguitargod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Passow stops in to say hello!

Hello folks! Jonathan Passow here and I just wanted to stop in and say “hi” and give a little info on my self. I’m getting into wine making at home and was told this is a great forum to ask questions. Been a home brewer of beer and a distiller before so wine is the next great adventure for me. I’m currently reading two books on the subject and will be purchasing equipment soon. Mainly want to do fruit and odd wine (like potato, pepper….can you make hop wine? Hmmm…)

About me: Former Hollywood actor, journalist, hot sauce reviewer, duct tape user, hippy (not the smelly kind), mind expander, gardener, noise musician, circuit bender, beer advocate/snob, and all around nice guy.

I don’t think I’ll be posting much, just going to be lurking and posting occasionally and asking some questions of you pros here (just a heads up that I’m here to learn). See you guys around. Thanks!

OH YA! I do have a first stab fermenting right now, it’s a small batch chili-wine.

Brewer for Hoppin' Frog Brewery.
"I am not an alcoholic, I’m a drunk. An alcoholic means that I have a problem and when I drink all my problems go away."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 355 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Hop wine??? I think its called BEER
Just kidding
Welcome to the forum
JJ

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just an update, I've officially changed my mind. I'm going with beer brewing. Wine's going to be too costly and there's that whole "I'm allergic to sulfites" thing....so beer it is! Going to start out with simple and stupid malt extract and them bump myself up to all grain brewing when I have the money (done both before but not on my own).

Brewer for Hoppin' Frog Brewery.
"I am not an alcoholic, I’m a drunk. An alcoholic means that I have a problem and when I drink all my problems go away."

Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2251 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Nothing wrong with beer. Although I'd probably go with whatever I like to drink. That's just me.

Quick Reply