New home brewer in MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeldrummerj

Reaction score
First off, I need to thank you guys. I've learned quite a bit in the past few months/year that I've been using this site to answer questions on brewing.
I've brewed eight or nine batches with a friend who had equipment for 5 gallon batches, but when he moved, I wasn't able to brew for about a year. I purchased everything I needed for my own set-up a couple months ago, and now I've done two batches on my own. The first was an Irish Red which I'll crack open this weekend, and the other is an oatmeal stout with some bourbon-soaked vanilla beans. My wife loves vanilla, so I took nine of the 22oz. bottles and put a small ammount of vanilla seeds directly into the bottles before capping. My hope is that it'll turn out like Southern Tier Creme Brulee stout. I didn't see any record of someone putting the vanilla pulp right in the bottle, so I figured what the hell. I'll let y'all know how it comes out.

I buy from Brock's Homebrew Supply in Melbourne, FL. It's owned by a friend from college, and they ship for their actual cost. If I need something in a hurry though, I go to DIY in Ludlow. I'm in Westfield, so it's not too far.

Latest posts

Back