new brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morebeer

Reaction score
Just started my first batch last weekend, an extract Wiezenbeer kit from our homebrew store, added a little orange peel and corriander, its been fermenting nicely all week. Gonna bottle next weekend.

I haven't even tried my first batch yet but I already want to start another one. I'm gonna go buy another better bottle this Saturday and start another batch. What kind do you guys suggest?

Just started my first batch last weekend, an extract Wiezenbeer kit from our homebrew store, added a little orange peel and corriander, its been fermenting nicely all week. Gonna bottle next weekend.

I haven't even tried my first batch yet but I already want to start another one. I'm gonna go buy another better bottle this Saturday and start another batch. What kind do you guys suggest?

Welcome!
If your asking what we suggest in your next kind of beer, that can have a wide variety. Do what you like to drink i would say. I have always liked a brown ale which is simple. Or, if you have a favorite commercial beer, do a clone of it. Any of the 3 major online stores have them. Go check out their websites and see what calls you. Austin Homebrew Supply has a lot of kits. Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum.

What yeast did you use? If you used a German yeast then you made a HW.

Once you added the orange peel and coriander it was no longer a HW but a Wit.

If you used a Belgium Wit yeast then you made a Wit. ;)

Welcome! Brew what you like to drink is the best advice. Find a beer you like and there will be a recipe out there that comes close. Cheers and the best of luck.

If you arent sure what exact styles you like try looking at the BJCP guidelines.. but generally tastes be labled into 3 huge categories.

Malty Beers == Hoppy Beers === Balanced beers

start there and that will at least eliminate some of the kits to choose from.

Back