Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Long Time Lurker from Austin

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
res313
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Long Time Lurker from Austin

I joined the site last November and finally got around to making my first post so I thought it was time to introduce myself.

Ryan from Austin. There, done.

Well, not so fast. I am interested in getting into home brewing and have been for a while. I think I need to just jump in and do it. Prior to completely getting into it though I am going to build a keezer. I am a huge DIY guy, and I am looking for something to go into my DIY home theater. Origionally I was leaning towards using Commerical Sankey kegs, but more and more research has pushed me towards cornelius kegs.

Short term beer projects. 5-7 cu ft Keezer. Simple collar design.

mid term project add wheels, wrap keezer in attractive wood/stain, build coffin on top for taps.

Long term jump full swing into brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
smack2000
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a ton of good information here.

Homebrewing is a perfect hobby for DIY folks, there's always something you can build or upgrade. I always have a few items on my DIY to do list, just waiting for the right combination of time and money!

Enjoy!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Austinhomebrew
Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

res313 we would love to get you started in this great hobby. As a DIY guy you will fit right in . Come on by Austin Homebrew Supply. We will get you set up to do whatever project you would like to start with. Looking forward to getting you up and running.

Austin Homebrew Supply
9129 Metric Blvd.
Austin, TX 78758
512-300-2739

Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
WyomingBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I ordered all my stuff from Austin Homebrew Supply till I opened my own shop up here. Youre lucky to have them so close res313. I love the AHS Smoked Porter! They are awesome and had great shipping rates too! How do you get a Vendor rating AHS? We are still new and small and a long ways from you so we are not in direct competition exactly, even though lots of us ordered from you guys. I hope to be as helpful locally as you guys are. Res313, I made a Keezer like the one you are building, I think. I posted it on another thread but here you go.....

keezer1.jpg   keezer2.jpg   keezer5.jpg  
Brew What You Drink!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
res313
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wyoming thanks for the pics!

I may be a bit more delayed starting my adventures into home brewing as I am putting the finishing touches on our DIY home theater. 118" screen, it's intense. My wife also has me building furniture so once I am done with that I will dive in.

AHBS I will have to stop by and check your store out sometime, I wasn't even aware that there was a homebrew supply store in Austin. Awesome!

Quick Reply