New brewer here with new brewer questions!
Brewed my first batch on Thursday evening (American Wheat Ale) from Northern Brewer.
I followed the instructions as closely as possible and used a yeast starter.
I put the fermentor in the basement overnight, and when I checked on it in the morning, the stick-on thermometer on the side read 58 degrees. I moved it upstairs to my bedroom closet and the temp (on the fermentor) raised to 62-63 degrees. I also submerged a glass thermometer in a glass of water next to the fermentor and it reads 65-66 degrees.
Here are my concerns:
- its been about 32 hours and i have no signs of fermentation
- did my initial low temperature hurt me?
- which temp reading should I trust?
- am i in a good temp range for this ale?
- and lastly...when do you make the decision to repitch (i did not get an OG reading)
THanks for all of the help! I'm sure a lot of this is just due to beginner's anxiety!