hows it goin from WV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xice

Reaction score
Just signed up here. Been meaning to get into hb for a while now but the right combination of time and money never seemed to come up being in college. Am planing on getting into it here this summer and get started with a cheap system to get started on at least. I like the dark beers with a good amount of hops but not overwhelming. The best two beers I have ever had were a heffe and an oatmeal stoat both from local WI brewers that I really wish I could get here in these parts. Unfortunately no A/C in the apartment so will be on the lookout for beers that can be brewed in one gallon batches in my fridge. Might spring for a mini fridge as well to get through the summer months. Any ideas for good recipes? Would also like to look into alternate flavorings such as in gruit ales or bases besides barley or even grain. I have heard about a few real crazy and wild things out there cattail root was mentioned in Charlie Papzian's book. There is a decent selection of beers here in town but expensive for anything non AB (I heard that Morgantown consumes 1% of their annual output).

Any suggestions on a beer to start out with? I am kind of wishing I had a batch going already will need it after this finals week is done with.

Any suggestions on a beer to start out with? I am kind of wishing I had a batch going already will need it after this finals week is done with.

Irish Red Ales seem to be something enjoyable and have proved to me to be forgiving of minor variations in time/temperature during the brewing.

Glad to see another brewer in WV as I would like to see more competition at the State Fair.

I actually live up the street from the brewpub, and I think I ran into some of the homebrew people at the star city brew fest as well.

Back