Hi there from Washington State!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john98026

Reaction score
Well, my first post was in the classifieds and it was immediately questioned so maybe I should introduce myself.

I have been brewing for about a year. I got started when my wife discovered a love for a local ale that is not avilable in bottles. I did some research and decided to try my hand at homebrewing. I bought a kit on eBay and the rest is history.

My first beer was a canned kit, then I went on to make several brews using LME and DME with grains. I am now brewing all-grain on a two-tiered system that I designed and built myself. It is made from copper pipe and uses a single pump, 9 valves, counterflow chiller and home made lauter/mashtun. I get 89% efficiency on average. I ferment in a conical that is on wheels. It goes into a temperature controlled cabinet that I also designed and built and can maintain +/- 2° year round.

I am lucky in that I have 3 local homebrew shops to choose from but my favorite is Homebrew Heaven. The guys there are really great and I found out that giving them samples has its rewards :D

Well, I need to get to the day job.

Have a good one!

John

Greetings from Kenmore.
Welcome to the show. I've been meaning to get up to Home Brew Heaven, they seem to have a pretty good stock of hops. I just work down south and use Mountain Home brew cuz it's on the way to work.

Cheers
:mug:

Back