Hi From Los Angeles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingDachshund

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get into brewing my own beer for several years now and finally went and got everything that I needed to start out with extract brewing. I have my first homebrew (Midwest Autumn Amber Ale) sitting in primary. I've been debating on doing a secondary but after reading many posts I'm not sure I'm going to.

I did a secondary my first batch. After that i really struggled to see the point. Just seemed like unnecessary work to me after reading up on it.

Welcome to the madness. :mug:

Yea, from everything I've been reading I think I'm going to skip on secondary for this one and bottle in about after 2 weeks.

Get a hydrometer and after the activity settles down take a sample. If it holds that gravity over a few days then bottle it up. I've had beers ready to keg/bottle in 2 weeks and others that took their sweet time getting there. A hydrometer really helps to take the guess work out of the "should i bottle/keg yet?" question.

Back