Hey from SW Oklahoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttotalythomas

Reaction score
Hey every one! I am a new brewer that has been mooching info off hbt for some time now. I started by making my beer fridge into a fermentation fridge. I did this because it has been an average of 105 for two months now. I got my kit from Austin Homebrew Supply and two extract kits.

I brewed my gold seal Belgian Wit as my first brew this past Saturday. I am having such a hard time being patient i have found myself constantly searching hbt for folks that have been brewing for inspiration and patience.

Welcome to the obsession! Yeah, temperature control during fermentation is real important - I started this a couple of years ago and I've already added two chest freezers. :drunk: And patience will be rewarded - while you're waiting, try some craft brews - oh, wait, you're in SW OK - never mind. :D

On a personal note, I had some relatives from Snyder - some still in the area, not sure exactly where now.

Yeah i wish there were any craft brewers here. In Oklahoma all beer is required by law to be 3.2 % ABV or lower. you can get decent beer at liquor stores but mostly it is way over priced and old and stale. I swear no one around here has taste buds.
I am pretty close to Snyder a couple of my buddies live there. I love Oklahoma but not its stupid prohibition era laws.

Thanks for the Welcome Yall (i have to say yall cause im from OK) im in Altus. i am going to post some pics of my brew maybe it will help me with my patience issue to see what i have done wrong lol

I too live in Lawton and look forward to meeting other brewers locally. I used to have a brew club meet at my place and it was a lot of fun,but we are all military so all but two of us have moved on. Are you into all grain yet?

no not yet just started with extract/specialty grain. I want to get a few batches under my belt before i take that jump

Back