Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Hello from Philly
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
cslewisster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 38
Default Hello from Philly

My name's Matt I'm in college and I just started my first brew today (a Nut Brown Ale). I'm pretty excited to say the least.

__________________
cslewisster is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #2
Professor Frink
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Professor Frink's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,106
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Default

Welcome! I love Philly, grew up in South Jersey. Brown Ale was my first brew too.

__________________
Primary: Cherrywood Smoked Porter
60 Minute IPA
Secondary:
On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:


http://www.lazydogbrewery.com
Professor Frink is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Brew2u
Lifetime Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Default NJ LHBS in Columbus, New Jersey

New Jersey Homebrewers

Come on down!

I hope we see you!

Cheers!



Tom

Location and hours of operation are below:

Rubino's Homemade Wine & Beer Supply
2919 Route 206
Columbus, NJ 08022
609-261-8420
email: homebrewsupply@optonline.net
web: www.makewinebeer.com

Thursday - 8am-8pm
Friday - 10am-8pm
Saturday - 8am-8pm
Sunday - 8am-5pm
__________________
Brew2u is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,951
Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Welcome. Both my folks were born in Philly. I was born in Camden. We lived at 4th and McKean and 5th and Mifflin also...still have relatives at 2nd and Siegel and north of downtown...lived in the K&A area too near the el...just around the corner from where they filmed Rocky.


Rubino...I know where you are too. I worked at Ft Dix for 5 years after I got out of the Army. Lived in Browns Mills and Mt Holly. Been to the Columbus Market many times. Do you remember a band from Browns Mills called Riff-Raff in 1981? Used to eat at the 206 Diner at Rte 38 and 206. Is the Satellite Lounge still open in Wrightstown? Many an all-nighter there my friend...

__________________
HB Bill
homebrewer_99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
Brew2u
Lifetime Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Default Satalite! Oh, boy...

Yep, sure do remember it. Alot of good times there for sure. Many great bands came there. Hot spot for years. Alot of bikers went there too. Sure remember it all. I remember the band... I was about 19 bak than!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
Welcome. Both my folks were born in Philly. I was born in Camden. We lived at 4th and McKean and 5th and Mifflin also...still have relatives at 2nd and Siegel and north of downtown...lived in the K&A area too near the el...just around the corner from where they filmed Rocky.


Rubino...I know where you are too. I worked at Ft Dix for 5 years after I got out of the Army. Lived in Browns Mills and Mt Holly. Been to the Columbus Market many times. Do you remember a band from Browns Mills called Riff-Raff in 1981? Used to eat at the 206 Diner at Rte 38 and 206. Is the Satellite Lounge still open in Wrightstown? Many an all-nighter there my friend...
__________________
Brew2u is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #6
SomedumbJerk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 95
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Welcome! i'm from south philly my self! a 2 streeter.... well thats where i lived anyway. welcome to the hobby to end all hobbies! just wait until your attempting to justify the new kegging or all grain or conical setup...

__________________
  • Shoot out
  • Reload
  • Keep Firing
SomedumbJerk is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 03:54 AM   #7
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,951
Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew2u View Post
Yep, sure do remember it. Alot of good times there for sure. Many great bands came there. Hot spot for years. Alot of bikers went there too. Sure remember it all. I remember the band... I was about 19 bak than!
I was one of the guitarists in the band. I was living in BM at the time and graduated from Burlington Cty College (84) then I transferred to Trenton State. I read it's called College of NJ (or something like that) now.
__________________
HB Bill
homebrewer_99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
brewt00l
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 3,739
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Hello from the burbs to the north!

__________________
brewt00l is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
brewt00l
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 3,739
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
I was one of the guitarists in the band. I was living in BM at the time and graduated from Burlington Cty College (84) then I transferred to Trenton State. I read it's called College of NJ (or something like that) now.

TCNJ, The College of New Jersey.

The association with Trenton became more of a liability as Trenton's image and condition has slid downward.
__________________
brewt00l is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Brew2u
Lifetime Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Default How Cool is that!

Yes, the area was loaded with mansions, nice homes and everything and the elements just destroyed it. Yes, it is called College of NJ. My son went that and was on the deans list and top of his class. He is now a school teacher in South Brunswick. Great College and not really easy to get into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt00l View Post
TCNJ, The College of New Jersey.

The association with Trenton became more of a liability as Trenton's image and condition has slid downward.
__________________
Brew2u is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Philly robp7787 Introductions 4 06-12-2009 09:47 AM
Philly, PA mciaio Introductions 14 03-16-2009 08:31 AM
Hello from Philly Mencken Introductions 4 01-29-2009 05:14 PM
Hello from Philly kryptic Introductions 5 09-16-2008 11:11 AM
New kid from Philly jessefive Introductions 8 10-04-2006 05:25 PM