Hello hello from Afghanistan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennessee576

Reaction score
Hey just made my account here to get the latest and greatest ideas from everyone. I'm currently deployed and have been reading quite a bit about making beer when I finally get home. I visited a micro-brewery last spring and makin my own beer has been in the back of my mind ever since. I'm actually from a small town in TN called New Johnsonville. It's about 1.5 hrs west of Nashville along the TN river/ KY lake in case you were wondering. Good times await so have a home brew for me until I can get home to make my own. :mug:

Hey just made my account here to get the latest and greatest ideas from everyone. I'm currently deployed and have been reading quite a bit about making beer when I finally get home. I visited a micro-brewery last spring and makin my own beer has been in the back of my mind ever since. I'm actually from a small town in TN called New Johnsonville. It's about 1.5 hrs west of Nashville along the TN river/ KY lake in case you were wondering. Good times await so have a home brew for me until I can get home to make my own. :mug:

Welcome. It's such great fun! Get home safe and soon and start brewing. :rockin:

Welcome. I Just retired from being a USAF cop last spring 2011. You will love this hobby once you can get your hand on some stuff. Good lick and keep your head down. Remember if you hear duck it is not a bird...

Steve

First off, thanks for your service! America's finest. Next, welcome to the world of home-brewing. Our founding fathers also enjoyed this act of independence. Brew on!!!
Pat (USMC '68)

Welcome!!

Thank You for your Service!! Go America!! :rockin: My hubby (Marines 2002 - 2006) was in the service, too. We fly our American Flag Proud!

Good Luck to you brewing when you get home! Tennessee will be awesome because of the awesome temps.! We live in Texas & it's gettin' into the hot time of the year - which I am sure doesn't even come close to the temps. in Afghanistan! We just brewed our first brew a week ago. :)

Good Luck & Welcome!
(I have a found great information on this site to help me along my NEW HOBBY!) ;)

Peace. Love. & Beer.
:mug: Cheers! :mug:

I don't know how much free time you have while you're deployed, but you can pick up a lot of good info by reading the HBT fourm. Here's hoping for your save return.

ncbrewer said:
I don't know how much free time you have while you're deployed, but you can pick up a lot of good info by reading the HBT fourm. Here's hoping for your save return.

Also, the first edition of How to Brew is available to read online if you have the time.

Thanks for fighting so we can continue enjoying our freedom to brew!

I remember my nephyew saying they didn't get a lot of comp time when he was in A'stan. He's a weapons trainer for the newer stuff. Not sure how it is with you. But there's also a lot of good info on here in the stickies. Keep your eyes & ears open & don't volunteer for stuff. You'll never here the one that gets you. So stay sharp!

Back