Hello from the Buffalo, NY area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmksmk

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have decided to get back into home brewing after a several year hiatus. I always loved the brewing part, just never cared for the bottling. So I decided to go the keg route. Right now I am collecting the pieces to brew (I think I now have everything) and keg (a work in progress).

There is a lot of great info on this sight that has already been helpful.

See you all around.

I'm also from Buffalo. It looks like a bunch of guys from Buffalo all signed up this week. What are some of the good homebrew shops around here?

CrazyToad said:
I'm also from Buffalo. It looks like a bunch of guys from Buffalo all signed up this week. What are some of the good homebrew shops around here?

Niagara Tradition at the corner of Sheridan and Military. Wonderful place, and make sure to sign up for the newsletter so you know when the tastings are! Oh, and welcome!

I second Niagara Tradition. It is the best one from what I have seen and heard. That's where I get most of my stuff from. I'm in the Southtowns so it is a little bit of a drive but they have everything I have needed.

www.nthomebrew.com

There is a place called Let's do Wine in Hamburg and Depew. Judging by the website and the name of the company it is more into wine making. I have never been there.

A question for those who keg (in the Buffalo area): Where do you get your CO2 from? Buffalo Welding was recommended by Niagara Tradition. It is right down the road from Niagara Tradition in fact and they have a lot of home brew customers. Just looking for other options. Maybe something closer.

Good to see people from Buffalo on here. See you all around.

Scott

Wow, another Buffalo thread! Welcome to the site :D

Has there ever been any murmurings of a Buffalo brewing club? I have no idea what that'd entail, but it seems like others do it.

Also, NT has tastings? I've been missing out!

Another place to get co2 is big catch bait and tackle on the corner of niagara and ontario the refill paint ball tanks and charge 10 othink for a 5 lb tank

Im in buffalo on Sundays (f***ing bills)
-
I wish I had a shop like nt they were nice and had a good selection when I went there but Im about 78 miles away. you might want to check online though some of their prices seemed a little high.
-
any one go to pizza plant? I had a cask conditioned middle ages Ipa that was awesome.

Sigafoos said:
Wow, another Buffalo thread! Welcome to the site :D

Has there ever been any murmurings of a Buffalo brewing club? I have no idea what that'd entail, but it seems like others do it.

Also, NT has tastings? I've been missing out!

There are 2 brewing clubs in the Greater Niagara Region. The Sultans of Swig and the Niagara Association of Homebrewers. Paul at NT I'm sure could give you more info on either of them. He is a NAH member however, so he may not be completely impartial.

Latest posts

Back