hello from bama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcom579

Reaction score
hey everyone, glad to see an alive discussion forum.
i am john from orlando now living in tuscaloosa alabama. first time brewer, just ordered all my equipment and looking forward to brewin my first batch of brewskies. been reading as much as i could to get the process of brewing down. anyone have any tips? i plan on just brewing a light ale and bottling it but eventually want to start keggin my beer.

Welcome. From Lakeland living in B'ham.

Best advice I can give out is be very patient. Get a few brews going then you will always have some to drink while you are allowing the next one all of the time it needs to be its best. Too many new brewers rush the process, take it way too seriously, and judge the beer as crap before it has had all the time it needs.

I took the month of January off, (of beer drinking that is). Also have brewed 4 batches since the new year. All of them are getting 2 to 3 weeks in primary and or seconday prior to bottling. Mostly because I am being very patient. Now, when I start drinking again in February, (15 lbs lighter), I will have 4 really good brews to enjoy.

Cheers:mug:

Hello, John; welcome to the forum.

Being fairly new at this myself, the best suggestion I have is to read a lot here in the forums, on the Homebrewtalk Wiki, as well as a few books on the subject. As already mentioned above, with link provided, Palmer's How to Brew is a great start. Best other suggestion is to keep it simple at first, and get as complex as you like as you move along.

Good luck! :mug:

Rick

Back