Greetings from SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcgarrahan

Reaction score
Murrell's Inlet, SC here...

I am new to brewing (on my own at least) and just got quite a kit at a great deal from someone who is not going to brew anymore. The kit is an all-grain setup and will be a step up from the extract brewing I have been doing for a relatively short period. I hope I am not getting in over my head. I have lurked around here for awhile and now that I am making a jump I should do the same here. I have learned a lot from reading here and now it is time to put that to the test.

Welcome. Good luck with the all-grain, I'm sure you will do fine. Plus it will change your whole outlook on homebrewing...

All grain has been great fun, and for me, the beer has been better. What will be the first brew, and when?

Welcome to another SC brewer! All grain is fun and much easier than I thought it would be. if you can steep grains you can mash. trying to talk a new brewer I know into a mini mash.

Thank you all for the welcome. I will have my first brew day next Thursday and I will be brewing an American wheat beer from the Northern Brewer all-grain kit. I figured I would start with a style the wife and I can agree on. This will be the first brew in my house since all previous brewing has been at friend's homes.

By the way, does anyone have an extra standard sized bell for the Super Agata Bench Capper? I seem to have misplaced mine and all searches come up empty. I am stuck with a 29mm bell and no bottles to use that on.

whats up man. welcome to the forum! yeah, jump right into all grain. its super easy. heat up your water, dump it in with your grains, let it sit for an hour and drain! let us know how that first all grain comes out
:mug:

Back