Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Greetings from Maine!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
JHut
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Greetings from Maine!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to spend a lot of time on these forums and hopefully contribute at some point.

A little about me. I am new to home brewing and fairly new to beer. I didn't start drinking until I was 24. A good friend invited me on a ten day trip to Germany to do some sightseeing and pick up a German Shepherd puppy. We went to a small Italian restaurant in Hanover. After some confusion we ordered what we thought was pepperoni pizza, and to drink we picked the very first beer on the menu. About 15 minutes later our waitress came out of the kitchen with two pizzas loaded with hot peppers and two one liter mugs of Pilsner Urquell. I tried the pizza first. My mouth was on fire! I took a sip of beer. I hated it. All I could taste was alcohol and my mouth was still burning. Most of that beer made its way into a nearby plant pot.

I didn't try beer again for six months. Since then I've been back to Germany for three weeks and i've learned two very important things; I love beer, and it's never ok to waste a good liter of Pilsner Urquell.

A big thanks to everyone who contributes on these forums. I've found a ton of great information. I'm in the process of building a kegerator to hold my current favorite beers; Sam Adams Boston Lager and Warsteiner. I hope to brew the first batch of my own beer within a week or so. I'll share my experiences, both good and bad. Thankfully I'll have some Boston lager to make the bad seem more tolerable.

Prost!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
DragonTail
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Welcome

Michael Herrenbruck
Herrenbruck Brewery
L.C.Q. Racing