Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Greetings from CT

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
jwenker1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 6
Default Greetings from CT

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just got back into brewing after 2 years off and I am really happy I found this site. When I was brewing before I really could have used this site. I have picked up more information from everyone here in the past month than I had the previous 2 years. I purchased a 5 gal keg system about one month ago and I am in love. I am not knocking bottles but I find I have much more time to brew and consume the fruits of my labor with the keg. I have an IPA carbing now that I think I am going to be really happy with, I dry hopped with amarillo and wow what a nice citrusy flavor. Anyway just wanted to say Hi, look forward to chatting with all of you.

James

__________________

Fermenting- Frostbite Stout

In Keg- Numero UNO IPA


James W.

jwenker1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 4,673
Liked 2521 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 5683

Default

Greetings from New London, welcome to HBT. I have an IPA bottled right now that I also dry hopped with Amarillo. The cast off from my last gravity tasted a lot like Harpoon IPA. PM me if you want to swap or even have a brew day. There's no clubs near me so it would be good to interact with other brewers.

-AJ

__________________

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

nukebrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Welcome to HBT! Trumbull here.

__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
MikeRLynch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MikeRLynch's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 917
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Rocky Hill here, welcome to the boards! What homebrew store do you use?

__________________
Lost Elm Brewing Co.
Stafford Springs, CT

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
MikeRLynch is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
jwenker1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 6
Default

Mike,

I have been using maltose express for the past few months. I used to use northern brewer and other mail suppliers but I think it is worth the ride to Monroe. I got my keg system from them too and am very happy w/ the system and the price. Let me know how the oatmeal/coffee stout turns out, I've been toying with a recipe like that for a while. good to meet you, keep in touch.

__________________

Fermenting- Frostbite Stout

In Keg- Numero UNO IPA


James W.

jwenker1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 37,423
Liked 3491 Times on 3382 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenker1 View Post
Mike,

I have been using maltose express for the past few months. I used to use northern brewer and other mail suppliers but I think it is worth the ride to Monroe. I got my keg system from them too and am very happy w/ the system and the price. Let me know how the oatmeal/coffee stout turns out, I've been toying with a recipe like that for a while. good to meet you, keep in touch.
If you don't mind, what did you fork over for the keg system? I use Maltose too was looking into this a bit.

Welcome.
__________________
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
jwenker1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
If you don't mind, what did you fork over for the keg system? I use Maltose too was looking into this a bit.

Welcome.
This could be off a little bit but I think everything was around $175. That is the complete system with a used 5 gal keg, 2 dial regulator, and a full c02 tank, all I needed to do was find a fridge. I thought about getting the system for a while, then one day I just did it and I love it. I think their website has the price of the full kit.
__________________

Fermenting- Frostbite Stout

In Keg- Numero UNO IPA


James W.

jwenker1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 37,423
Liked 3491 Times on 3382 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenker1 View Post
This could be off a little bit but I think everything was around $175. That is the complete system with a used 5 gal keg, 2 dial regulator, and a full c02 tank, all I needed to do was find a fridge. I thought about getting the system for a while, then one day I just did it and I love it. I think their website has the price of the full kit.
Thanks. I've stopped visting their website because it is never updated. Store rocks, website blows.
__________________
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Agreed. Their website is not impressive. They've had a hop tasting on their website since i started brewing... don't really know when it is. They also haven't changed their address on the website. Good thing I know where it is.

__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #10
Joe C
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gate City
Posts: 1,104
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I actually just stopped in there for some grain bags, and the place already looks great! The place is filling in nicely, and they're always very nice in there. I didn't realize that if you bring in grains you can use their in-house mill. That is definitely nice to know!

__________________
Sláinte
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!
Joe C is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools