greetings for Aurora, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exotica59

Reaction score
Hello all.
My family has been making their own alcoholic beverages for generations.
I actually inherited my grandparents bottle capper and stoneware crock that they used back in the day. The crock is strictly for decoration now, but I do still use the bottle capper. It makes me smile to think that it is still serving our family after all of these years.
For years I have made my own wines, Meads, and cordials. Back around Oct. I decided to pick up the family tradition and start making my own beer.
I mostly extract brew to do time, space, weather restrictions.
My first beer was picked up on a whim from a local home brew store. Cooper Draught. The manager gave me tips on how to improve on the kit and sure enough it made a very good light refreshing beer and I was hooked.
My next beer for Belgian Dubbel, then a Irish Red, and I just finished up bottling a Scottish 80/-
Besides bottling I also keg. I just purchased a small freezer and plan to turn it into a place to store, and dispense my beers.
In in the process of moving the brewing from the kitchen to a new brewing kitchen in the basement level.
So many projects so little spare time

Awesome, welcome to the forums!

I'm from Aurora as well, but at school in Peoria.

If you haven't yet, check out HeadHunters its a homebrew club that runs out of the homebrew store downtown.

well hello there! what a nice surprise to find some on here from Aurora and nearby cities.
Yes, I meet one or two of the headhunters. Seem like nice people. I really should check out a meeting. I'm in the Foxvalley Brew/wine shop quite often. It's so nice to have a HB store right in your neighborhool and even better, it's right on my way home from work! super helpful people there.

Welcome. That's awesome that you are using the same bottle capper as generations have before you. Maybe my son will use my kit one day. In about 21 years that is!

Welcome to the addiction we sometimes call brewing! And I'm out west of you, in the midst of corn and soybean fields, happily brewing away! Enjoy!

glenn514:mug:

Hello IDrinkBr, I just went went to the Limestone Brewery for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Nice place.

FYI - we have a relatively new homebrew club out of Limestone in Plainfield as well.

Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts - PALE
http://palebrewers.org --- we met the first Thursday of the month.

Back