Gluten-Free Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipsyInCalif

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for looking at my thread. I have some relatives that have celiac disease and they are gluten intolerant! Are there simple recipes for making gluten-free beer, ciders etc. ? I've never tried home brewing before is it dificult? There is an offer for a Mr. Beer 2.25 gal brewing starter kit with a batch of IPA to start with 8 1-quart plastic bottles for your first batch! The site is Woot.com and the price is $19.99! You can order 1,2 or 3 kits at $19.99 and the shipping charge is only $5.00 for the total order the offer is only unil 12:00 midnight tonight CST. I'm on the fence about ordering. Please give me some suggestions! :mug:

Hello, Tipsy!

I can not speak to making gluten-free beer, as I have not done that before.

I can tell you that I got started with homebrewing by using the Mr. Beer kit. They are sold somewhat frequently on Woot!, and it is a great deal. If you are thinking about brewing beer, and just want to 'test the waters' for now, I recommend getting the kit for $20-25 and giving it a whirl. If you brew some batches and decide you really like doing this, you can always upgrade equipment later. But if you don't end up enjoying brewing, it's not like you invested much money into it.

You can check Mr. Beer's website for gluten-free beers or recipes (not sure if they offer any), and there's also a section of the forums here specifically for gluten-free brewing that you might want to browse. A lot of people do make ciders, so you can find recipes for those too. Many times, people brew 5 gallon batches of beer, so if you see 5 gallon recipes, you can still brew those in the Mr. Beer fermenter, you'll just have to cut those in 1/2 (or a little less).

Hope that helps. Best of luck to you :mug:

Back